This Morning Viewers In Tears At Former Producer Left Completely Paralysed Due To Allergic ReactionBy cheatmaster 02:49 Mon, 21 Aug 2017 Comments
Severely allergic to nuts all her life, Amy carried her EpiPen with her and felt confident she could deal with an allergic reaction should it occur.
However, on the third day of her trip, Amy ate "just one mouthful of a chicken dish" in a restaurant which caused a severe anaphylactic reaction.
Amy went into cardiac arrest, and it took six minutes for the paramedics to revive her. Amy was placed on life support in the Budapest hospital before being flown home.
And she was joined by her parents Sue and Roger, who spoke on behalf of her, on today's This Morning, to show why it's so important people don't take nuts on to planes.
Sue explained: "They sat us down to prepare us before we saw her in the hospital, and she was on life support.
"They didn't think she'd survive the week."
And Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford said how happy they were to see Amy and how much she was missed.
Ruth also revealed she could hear and understand everything that was being said, but was unable to speak for herself.The Amy May Trust has been set up to raise awareness about allergic reactions.
This Morning viewers were in tears watching Amy.
One said: "What happened to Amy is deeply heartbreaking. The 'before' photos has broken my heart. I can't stop crying."
Another cried: "What I'm currently watching on ThisMorning about Amy is so so devastating I'm actually crying."
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article