Photo: FIRE Guts Shops At Union Bank BuildingBy cheatmaster 08:31 Tue, 28 Nov 2017 Comments
The fire was noticed at the make- shift shops at about 11.20 pm, shortly after electricity supply was taken by the providers, Ikeja Electric.
However, many of the shop owners had closed and gone home as some of them do not reside in the estate but those resident salvaged some of their goods with the assistance of the youth.
NAN reports that the youth had brought down the fire before the arrival of the men of the Lagos State Fire Service from Agege.
Before their arrival which took about an hour, it was wailing and lamentations by the residents and sympathisers who urged the state government to install water hydrants and fire notices all over the estate.
They also lamented that some of the areas marked for the development of infrastructure for sports, fire service stations and recreation had been sold to individuals by the FHA.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article