Hushpuppi's Lawyer Fires, FBI Kidnapped My Client To USA, They Should Have Extradited Him To Nigeria

By 07:20 Fri, 10 Jul 2020 Comments

Gal Pissetzky, counsel for alleged international fraudster, Ramon Abbas aka Hushpuppi, has said his client was illegally taken to the United States.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

Pissetzky of Pissetzky & Berliner said the Federal Bureau of Investigation kidnapped his client from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

The Chicago-based lawyer argued that the Dubai Police should have extradited Abbas to Nigeria as a citizen of the country and not to the US, adding that the UAE had no extradition treaty with the US, according to The BBC.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

He said on Friday, “In my opinion, the FBI and the government here acted illegally when they kidnapped him (Hushpuppi) from Dubai without any legal process to do so.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

“There was no extradition, there were no legal steps taken, there were no court documents filed, it was simply a call to the FBI. He is not a citizen of the United States, the US had absolutely no authority to take him.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

“If Dubai wanted to expel him, they should have expelled him back to Nigeria. I’ve never heard of anything like that. That is the real story here.”

Recall the 37-year-old was arrested in Dubai last month alongside 12 other members of his crew.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

The Dubai Police said it discovered that fraud amounting to 1.6 billion Dirham (N168 billion) had been committed by the gang.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

No fewer than 1,926,400 people from different parts of the world were also said to have fallen victims to the suspects.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

According to the police, 13 luxury cars, estimated at 35 million Dirham (N3.7 billion) were recovered from the house where they were arrested.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

The Dubai police later handed Abbas and his conspirators to the FBI and they had since been arraigned on charges of conspiracy to commit money laundering, among others.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

Amongst other charges, the FBI alleged that Hushpuppi attempted to dupe an English Premier League football club of £100m (N48.4bn).

DOWNLOAD NOW

DOWNLOAD MUSIC

Related Article

Comment
Name

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article