Kelly Rowland Describes Being In Destiny's Child With Beyoncé As 'torture'

By 11:50 Thu, 16 Jul 2020 Comments

Kelly Rowland has suggested being in a band with Beyoncé is ‘torture’ due to the unescapable shadow cast by the mega star.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

The 39-year-old Say My Name singer is a founding member of Destiny’s Child alongside 38-year-old Beyoncé and the ladies have been performing together since 1993.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

While Destiny’s Child have been disbanded since 2006 – with speculation the group may soon reform – Kelly and Beyoncé have both enjoyed solo success in their own right.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

Although Beyoncé has arguably enjoyed greater success than her older bandmate, Kelly says living in the shadow of her friend and fellow singers can sometimes feel overwhelming.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

Opening up during an appearance on The Voice Australia, Kelly said: “Can you imagine what it’s like being in a group with Beyonce?

“I would just torture myself in my head. Like, ‘I can’t wear this dress because they’re going to say it’s like B’.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

“Or, ‘I can’t have a song like that because it sounds too much like B’.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

“I would be lying if I said no, it’s never bothered me. That’s bull.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

“There was a whole decade, if I am being completely honest, a decade where it was like the elephant in the room.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

“It was the thing that would constantly be on my shoulder.”

DOWNLOAD NOW

DOWNLOAD MUSIC

Related Article

Comment
Name

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article