IPhone OS 3.1 And ITunes 9 Now Available, Unlockers Be AwareBy cheatmaster 04:11 Fri, 09 Jul 2021 Comments
Today Apple released the recent iPhone firmware 3.1 update along with the recent iTunes 9. Bug fixes, changes to the AppStore, easier synchronization process and fixing a modem exploit are part of the features list.
The long rumored iPhone Operating System (OS) 3.1 has arrived bringing some recent stuff to the iPhone and iPod Touch family. iTunes has also gotten a brand recent 9th version offering extended functionality.
One of the most vital changes is the iTunes app on the iPhone will have access to a Ringtone store (more than 30000 titles there already) available for 1.29 US dollars each.
Further on, Apple AppStore has been granted with a recent Genius feature, which recommends you applications based on your currently installed and purchased software. This will ease the app search through the huge AppStore database, which continues to grow.
The recent version of iTunes will also offer an easier syncing to Apple devices thanks to the many recent controls and whole recent interface. App syncing, for instance, is more user-friendly than ever, allowing you to arrange the apps on the iPhone/iPod Touch screens directly from iTunes.
The Operating System (OS) 3.1 for iPhone and Operating System (OS) 3.1.1 for iPod Touch are already available through iTunes and you can go for it just now. Here is the complete change list of fixes:
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to "Save as recent clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the dialpad
- Option to utilize Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cautilize some app icons to display incorrectly
There are some other small things that were spotted in the iPhone Operating System (OS) 3.1 beta a couple of months ago and it's strange why they are not included in the official changelog. Currently we still cannot confirm those - perhaps you would fill in in the comments:
- iPhone vibrates once upon entering the icon moving mode
- Updated AT&T profile to 4.2
- Updated modem firmware to 5.08.01
- Improvements to OpenGL and Quartz.
- New APIs to enable third party apps to access videos and edit them (meaning video editing applications coming your way).
- "Fraud Protection" toggle has been added to settings under Safari.
- iPhone boot time is now faster.
As you can see there is no ground shaking features added into this recent update. Except for the fact, of course, that the 3.1 upgrade will update not only the operating system, but also the modem firmware, fixing the last known exploit used for unlocking the iPhones of all walks of life. It is also believed that once upgraded through the ordinary way you may not be able to unlock or jailbreak your device ever again.
iTunes 9 is available for free download for Windows and Mac along with the iPhone/iPod Touch Operating System (OS) 3.1 updateable through iTunes.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article