More Specs And Photos For HTC Touch HD2 EmergeBy cheatmaster 05:34 Fri, 09 Jul 2021 Comments
News about the HTC Touch HD2 are a bit like the mythical Hydra - write one and two more crop up. this time however we have the full device specs. They come from an unofficial source, but they seem pretty credible.
HTC Touch HD2 photos
The timing of this leak gots us quite intrigued - Windows Mobile 6.5 is just around the corner, expected to come out tomorrow along with a suite of devices of various makes and market tiers that ship with it. In fact, as users report, the Windows Marketplace mobile application store is already live, a day earlier than planned. Just for v6.5 for now, but a 6.1 version should also be coming along.
Anyway, it's possible that along with the official release of WinMo 6.5 the Touch HD2 will finally be announced officially - that would be a healthy boost to the promotion of both.
So here are the most fascinating specs for the HTC Touch HD2:
- General: Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/2100 MHz, EDGE class 12, HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps
- Display: 4.3" capacitive touchscreen, 480x800 pixels, up to 65K colors
- Platform: 1Giga Hertz (GHz) elegant Qualcomm MSM 8250 CPU
- OS: Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional
- Memory: 200Mega Bytes (MB) storage, 320Mega Bytes (MB) RAM, 512Mega Bytes (MB) ROM, microSD card slot
- Camera: 5-megapixel autofocus camera, dual-LED flash
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1, Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) 802.11 b/g, built-in A-GPS and digital compass, microUniversal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Misc: Frequency Modulation (FM) radio, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor
- Battery: 1230mAh battery
There are some more fascinating bits and pieces in the HTC Touch HD2 specs - CoPilot/Papago navigation software, a possible "Cinema mode Key" and 3G to Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) software router. The question how long the battery will hrecent up with all those power-sucking gadgets remains.
Some more shots of the HTC Touch HD2
Another thing that's fascinating is the mentions of Windows Mobile 7. While WinMo 6.5 is an update of 6.1, while ver. 7 should be a more thorough rewrite and compatibility with the hardware is uncertain. The Touch HD2 is listed as Windows Mobile 7 future-proof. Anyway, we'll find out the details when more info on WinMo 7 comes out, but if the two OSes will coexist (which allegedly the current plan), upgrade paths from 6.5 to 7 might acquire messy.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article