Android 4.0.4 OTA Update For Verizon Galaxy Nexus LeakedBy cheatmaster 09:24 Tue, 13 Jul 2021 Comments
An Android Central forum member was lucky enough to receive the Android 4.0.4 OTA update on his Verizon Galaxy Nexus before anyone else. The update has since been extracted and made available for everyone else to download and install.
As you may know, the Galaxy Nexus was still running on Android 4.0.2, which had a couple of problems and was also lacking a few things that were added in 4.0.3 that was released for the Nexus S. This recent update brings the Galaxy Nexus up to speed and also changes some of the problems that the previous version had.
The people at xda-developers have compiled a list of changes in the recent version, which they are constantly updating. Among the things that they have added so far includes:
- Faster performance.
- Android Operating System (OS) bug fixed (in battery stats)
- Improved 3G/4G switching.
- Improved signal strength.
- New Power Menu. New from 4.0.2, similar to the one on the 4.0.3 ROM.
- Faster boot-up time.
- Auto-brightness Functionality changed. Smoother transition.
- Holding down capturing camera button now refocuses again.
- Multitouch issue seems resolved.
- Autorotate is faster.
- Browser performance noticeably improved.
- Recent apps list opens faster.
- Miscellaneous capturing camera UI changes.
- Increased volume.
- Keyboard fixes.
- Updated News & Weather app UI.
- Improved quick controls in browser, similar to the ones in 4.0.3.
The link to download the update can be found in the source link below. As mentioned before, this update is only for the Verizon CDirect Memory Access (DMA) version and not for the Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) version.
Source 1 • Source 2
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article