Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 ProBy KellyChi 01:00 Wed, 14 Jul 2021 Comments
We have the Redmi Note 10 Pro for review, and this is the global version of the Redmi Note 10 Pro Max - an India-exclusive model. There are only two differences - the Indian version omits NFC and it is not listed as IP53-rated. Here's a direct link to compare the two.
It's been exactly one year since the first Redmi Note 9 phones came to be, and the updates arrive right on schedule. The Redmi Note 10 Pro is spearheading the next generation of affordable mid-rangers, and it brings one of the most requested fan-favorite features - a 120Hz OLED screen.
Xiaomi has been offering HRR screens on the cheap. The Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G and multiple Redmi K30 phones had 120Hz and even 144Hz LCD panels. These devices became quite popular for that reason, and a lot of people, we included, were hoping for an OLED upgrade and that this premium feature would become a standard for the Redmi Note 10 series. Talk about a wish come true!
The Redmi Note 10 Pro builds on top of the limited Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G, also known as Mi 10i 5G in some markets, both released a few weeks ago. It offers a better HRR OLED screen but comes with the inferior Snapdragon 732G chip instead of the more premium Snapdragon 750G 5G. The rest is mostly the same - camera, speakers, battery, fast charging.
Indeed, the new Redmi Note 10 Pro may not be packing the best mid-range SoC, but it sure impresses with an interesting quad-camera on the back. The main shooter uses a 108MP Samsung sensor, then comes the 8MP ultrawide snapper, followed by a 5MP cam with telemacro lens, and finally, there is a 2MP depth sensor.
The other interesting bits about the Redmi Note 10 Pro include the dedicated symmetrical speakers - yet another feature that's not widely available even on the most expensive phones (the flagships usually favor hybrid setups). There is also a nicely fat battery with a 5,020mAh capacity that's capable of 33W fast charging, and the corresponding power adapter is included with the phone. Some people will appreciate the presence of NFC, FM radio, IR blaster, a 3.5mm jack, and the microSD expansion.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro specs at a glance:
- Body: 164x76.5x8.1mm, 193g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame; IP53, dust and splash
- Display: 6.67" AMOLED, HDR10, 120Hz, 450-700 nits (typ), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7150-AC Snapdragon 732G (8 nm): Octa-core (2x2.3 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver); Adreno 618.
- Memory: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 108 MP, f/1.8, 25mm, 1/1.52", 0.7µm, PDAF; Ultrawide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚, 1/4.0", 1.12µm; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.06", 1.0µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS; Front camera: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 5,020mAh; Fast charging 33W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC; FM radio, Infrared port; 3.5mm jack.
The Redmi Note 10 Pro is IP53-rated for dust and water protection - a very nice touch. This means the phone is dust-proof and can endure light splashes or rain. The phone sounds like an increasingly better proposition with each new feature we spot, so let's cut to the chase and pop this Note out of its box.
Unboxing the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro
The Redmi Note 10 Pro ships within a regular paper box, and it packs everything you may need but a pair of headphones. The retail bundle contains a 33W power adapter and a 3A-rated USB-A-to-C cable.
- Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA)
- Announced 2021, March 04
- Status Available. Released 2021, March 24
- Dimensions 164 x 76.5 x 8.1 mm (6.46 x 3.01 x 0.32 in)
- Weight 193 g (6.81 oz)
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame
- SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP53, dust and splash protection
- Type AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10, 450 nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak)
- Size 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~85.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- OS Android 11, MIUI 12
- Chipset Qualcomm SM7150 Snapdragon 732G (8 nm)
- CPU Octa-core (2x2.3 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU Adreno 618
- Card slot microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- UFS 2.2
- Quad 108 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.52", 0.7µm, dual pixel PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0", 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro), AF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Single 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.06", 1.0µm
- Features Panorama
- Video 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared port Yes
- Radio FM radio
- USB USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type Li-Po 5020 mAh, non-removable
- Charging Fast charging 33W, 59% in 30 min (advertised)
- Colors Onyx Gray, Glacier Blue, Gradient Bronze
- Models M2101K6G
- SAR 1.09 W/kg (head) 1.06 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU 0.60 W/kg (head) 0.99 W/kg (body)
- Price $ 299.99 / € 249.00 / £ 249.00
- Performance AnTuTu: 295442 (v8)
- GeekBench: 1780 (v5.1)
- GFXBench: 16fps (ES 3.1 onscreen)
- Display Contrast ratio: Infinite (nominal)
- Camera Photo / Video
- Loudspeaker -25.7 LUFS (Very good)
- Battery life Endurance rating 118h
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article