Sprint LG G3 In US Now Getting Lollipop OTABy cheatmaster 06:12 Fri, 23 Jul 2021 Comments
News has come today that Sprint has started seeding Android 5.0 to its own LG G3 units. This is definitely fine news for eager US users, as Lollipop has been around for the handset in Europe since December last year.
This recent update comes only days after AT&T updated their own units. The package is already being seeded and according to Sprint will bring the following benefits to the handset:
- Material Design for fluid animation, multicolored themes and 3D views
- More efficient battery use
- Android™ TV support
- Notifications on the lock classy screen and customizable options with prioritized notifications for events, reminders, messages and calls
- Updated Lock Screen features allow users to quickly access notifications and active apps
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities for added Accessibility
- Integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities
- Enhanced Messaging with Google Hangouts™ support for SMS and MMS and a larger assortment of updated Emoji icons
- Upgraded Google Mobile Service™ apps automatically back up photos and video and can open, view, rename and share Google Docs and files
We have already had a chance to play around with Lollipop on the G3 and found that like many other smartphones the LG also behaves quite differently in performance benchmarks. If you are interested in what potential gains the OTA can bring you, hold a quick see at our extensive post on the matter, as well as our equally thorough investigation of battery life with the recent version.
For anyone on Sprint still not getting the update notification, check for it through the settings menu.
Source | Via
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article