Sony Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Get A New Firmware UpdateBy cheatmaster 07:53 Sun, 25 Jul 2021 Comments
Two weeks ago Sony released a recent firmware update for the Xperia Z2 and Z3 series. It kept the Android version at 5.0.2, but brought some needed fixes, features and killed some bugs. Today, this very same update is rolling out for the Xperia Z1 and Z1 Compact as well as the Z Ultra phablet.
According to the official change log, the recent update will resurrect the Close All apps key in the task switcher, will fix some recent problems with moving apps to the SD card as well as the notification Light Emitting Diode (LED) light. Check the complete log below:
- Ensured the lock classy screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage.
- Added a Sony feature; bringing back the "close-all-button" in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once.
- Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the recent Lollipop lock-classy screen notifications.
- Ensured the Light Emitting Diode (LED) light is lit across all sound modes - and no longer offset by “silent” .
- Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices) .
- Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode.
The update should be now available both over the air and via Sony Personal Computer (PC) Companion for the Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra. If you didn't acquire the notification yet, you should be getting it soon enough.
Source | Via
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article