Google Will Reward People For Posting Local ReviewsBy cheatmaster 02:02 Thu, 29 Jul 2021 Comments
Google Maps should be your go-to app for finding places and reviews. This is why Google is competing with other user-contributed review sites like Zagat and Yelp to create a more wholesome experience using Google Maps.
Google wants to encourage more people to contribute reviews to Google Maps by rewarding them. Users can sign up to be a “Local Guide” to start earning points today.
Each of the following actions can earn you 1 point:
- uploading photos
- posting a review
- adding a recent place (which isn’t on Google Maps)
- fixing information (incorrect phone number, misspelled name)
- answering questions ("Is this a family restaurant?")
Google also lets Local Guides lead local communities and have discussions with other communities to share the things they love. There is even a calendar that lists Hangout sessions for training and meetups.
There are 5 point levels for a Local Guide:
- 0 to 4 points gets your entries into device giveaways in select countries
- 5 to 49 points gets you early access to recent Google products and features
- 50 to 199 points gets you a badge that recognizes you on Google Maps as an official Local Guide
- 200-499 points gets you a free 1Tera Bytes (TB) upgrade of Google Drive storage
- 500+ points makes you eligible to attdiscontinue Google sponsored Local Guide events and visits to the Google Campus
Google even gives Local Guides the resources and tips for hosting a local event for just about anything. The company really wants to give back to the communities everywhere while helping small businesses gain reviews from more customers.
Source | Via
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article