Coolpad Announces Mega 2.5D For India, Exclusively From Amazon.inBy cheatmaster 08:51 Wed, 04 Aug 2021 Comments
Coolpad has been working on a recent phone that will be exclusively available in India via Amazon.in. The company just announced the Coolpad Mega 2.5D. The phone features a 2.5D curved glass display before a 5.5 inch 720p screen. The handset is powered by a MediaTek MT6735P Central Processing Units (CPU) which is a quad-core chip running at 1GHz.
The Mega 2.5D also runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box, has two 8MP cameras: one on the front for selfies, and one on the rear, paired with an Light Emitting Diode (LED) flash. There is dualSIM support with 4G LTE capable radios, and support for VoLTE. VoLTE allows subscribers to create calls entirely through the LTE data connection - A coexisting version of VoIP, if you will.
The CoolPad Mega 2.5D will be available through Amazon.in as of August 24 in a flash sale with registrations for the sale already open since yesterday. The smartphone will come in gold, white, and black and will carry a price of Rs 6,999 (~$105).
With Coolpad’s “Make in India” initiative, the first phase of production will be taking place in China and later, the manufacturing process will be moved to India. The company sees the market segment of sub-8,000 growing at really quick rates and aims to hold 13-15% of that segment.
Here are the full specs for the Coolpad Mega 2.5D:
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display
- 1Giga Hertz (GHz) Quad-core MediaTek MT6735P processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) Operating System (OS) with CoolUI 8.0
- Dual SIM
- 8MP autofocus rear capturing camera with Light Emitting Diode (LED) Flash, SONY sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 83.6-degrees wide-angle lens, f/2.2 Aperture
- Dimensions: 153×76.8×7.85mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500mAh battery
Via 1 | Via 2
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article