IOS 10 Has Been Bricking A Small Number Of DevicesBy cheatmaster 04:15 Thu, 05 Aug 2021 Comments
Apple’s iOS 10 is officially out and everyone is able to like what iOS 10 has to offer. The downside is that the iOS 10 update has been bricking some users’ devices. Both iPhones and iPads have been reportedly bricked and won’t turn on after installing the update.
If you should find yourself in such a predicament, try doing the following:
- Connect your device to iTunes
- Force a restart by holding the Power and Home keys for about 10 or 15 seconds until the device has started in recovery mode.
- When prompted to “restore” or “update” you should select “restore”. This is going to erase everything on your device so you hopefully backed your device up before starting the update process.
- Once your device powers back on, you can continue the setup process.
- If this does not work, there’s no harm in trying to perform the restore a second time. Otherwise, you’ll need to contact Apple Care and hold your device into an Apple Store.
If either your Home or Power Keys are not working, then you will also have to contact Apple care.
Apple has stated that the issue has since been fixed, so if you have not already, you should be able to install the iOS 10 update with no more bricking issues.
Statement from Apple on iOS 10 update issues: pic.twitter.com/tGjL9hLWL0— Rene Ritchie (@reneritchie) September 13, 2016
It is always recommended to back up your iOS device before performing a major iOS update. If you don’t own a Personal Computer (PC) or Mac, you can always utilize iCloud to back everything up. And if you don’t have enough storage for photos, there’s always Google Photos which also works well with iOS.
Source 1 | Source 2
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article