3GSM Barcelona 2006 Live Coverage: I-mate, HP, Pantech

By 08:42 Sat, 07 Aug 2021 Comments

i-mate SmartFlip

HTC Star Trek platform made its debut at 3Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) Barcelona. i-mate was the first company to announce a thin Windows smartphone - i-mate SmartFlip. The full specifications of the device are not yet available, but here is what we know - quad-band, Windows Mobile 5.0, microSD card slots, 2 megapixel camera, EDGE, 176x220 pixels display. The phone should be available on the market in April and will cost less than JAM and SP5 i-mate models.

i-mate SmartFlip

Hewlett Packard (HP) hw6900

The rumors about the recent Hewlett Packard (HP) communicator hw6900 turned out to be true. Hewlett Packard (HP) presented the quad-band phone at 3Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) World Congress. The Hewlett Packard (HP) hw6900 is a successor of the hw6500 series, it runs on Windows Mobile 5.0 for PocketPersonal Computer (PC) and has square 3.0" display 240x240 pixels. The Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) and Bluetooth connectivity, 1.3 megapixel capturing camera and miniSD card slot create this a fully featured smartphone. The Hewlett Packard (HP) iPAQ hw6900 series is expected to be available in the Asia Pacific and Europe, Middle East and Africa regions this spring and in North America in summer.

Hewlett Packard (HP) hw6900

Pantech

Pantech also presented their latest mobile phones at the 3Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) Congress.

The PG8000 is very unusual in design and has the eye-catching effect. There are some problems in its ergonomics and can be hardly held in one's left hand. The recent device has text pronouncing feature, which can read SMS messages with its metallic voice. A megapixel capturing camera also can be found on the back of the Pantech PG8000.

Pantech PG-8000

A low-discontinue 3G phone has been presented also. The GU-1100 bar phone has two Video Graphics Array (VGA) cameras, microSD slot and music player options. But still it's just a low-discontinue phone.

Pantech GU-1100

The PU-5000 UMTS phone has the Pantech FOTA feature (updating firmware via air). The recent slider also features 1.3 megapixel camera, music player, microSD slot and Bluetooth.

Pantech PU-5000

The PG3600V slider has navigation wheel similar to those used in the iPODs. It has 262K colors display with 176 x 220 pixels resolution and a 1.3 megapixel camera. Pantech have put a microSD slot between the two sliding parts of the phone. This phone doesn't seem to have any other major functions.

Pantech PG-3600V

DOWNLOAD NOW

DOWNLOAD MUSIC

Related Article

Comment
Name

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article