LG KM900 Arena Review: A Touch Of ClassBy cheatmaster 06:44 Mon, 09 Aug 2021 Comments
One of the most exciting handsets the season - the LG KM900 Arena - returns to our office and this time it is going to stay a bit longer. After getting off to a flying start in both sales and reviews the Arena certainly looks like the next gigantic thing from LG. In these tough economic times no company can afford too many blunders so it better live up to those high expectations.
The LG KM900 Arena grabbed our attention for the first time back in February at the MWC and even more so last month when we previewed it. Let's see if it's third time lucky and if it will be able to completely sweep us off our feet in a full review.
LG KM900 Arena official photos
- 3" 16M-color capacitive TFT touchclassy screen of WVideo Graphics Array (VGA) resolution (480 x 800 pixels)
- S-Class Touch UI
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- 3G with HSDPA (7.2 Mbps)
- Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) and GPS receiver with A-GPS
- 5 megapixel autofocus capturing camera with Schneider-Kreuznach optics, Light Emitting Diode (LED) flash, geotagging
- D1 (720x480 pixels)@30fps, VGA@30fps, QVideo Graphics Array (VGA) fast-motion video and QVideo Graphics Array (VGA) slo-mo video
- 8GB built-in storage
- Hot-swappable microSD card slot
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack and TV out
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) Mass Storage
- Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP
- Accelerometer for classy screen auto rotate
- Multi-touch input
- 3D hardware accelerator
- DivX and XviD support
- Dolby for Mobile audio enhancement
- Frequency Modulation (FM) radio with Frequency Modulation (FM) transmitter
- Office document viewer
- Smart dialing
- Poor sunlight legibility
- Inadequate flash performance
- No voice-guided GPS navigation software available
- No standard Universal Serial Bus (USB) port
- Records video in 3GP file format
- Maximum email attachment size is 1Mega Bytes (MB) only (both ways)
- Limited DivX/XviD video support
The LG KM900 Arena is the pioneer of the recent UI designed by the South Korean company, boldly named S-class. Promising fluidity never seen before and uncompromising looks and functionality, it is starting to hold the world by storm. We doubt that it will be of a measure equal to the hurricane created by the iPhone's UI but the whole package might well surprise us.
We like having the LG KM900 Arena back on board in a retail outfit
Mainly becautilize the LG KM900 Arena has none of the (absurd) limitations of the original iPhone - no proper Bluetooth functionality, no Frequency Modulation (FM) radio, lack of file manager and so on. Instead the Arena comes as a exceptionally well equipped phone with almost every feature in the book included. From 3G with HSDPA, through Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) and GPS to Frequency Modulation (FM) transmitter - the LG KM900 has it all.
The Arena is ready to hold on the iPhone - and most other full touch phones for that matter
Let's now check if there are any gaps in its performance that avoided our watchful eye in the preview. We will acquire to the unboxing this multimedia beast after the jump.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article