Nokia 6303i Classic Review: Retro ChicBy cheatmaster 02:06 Tue, 10 Aug 2021 Comments
It’s either a job that pays the rent or a job to love, not both. If the Nokia 6303i had this mentality it would be in gigantic trouble. Fortunately, there’s nothing to worry about here. It’s a handset that knows its place and does the job it’s paid to do.
The Nokia 6303i classic is an "i" phone – but not the Apple variety. Call it a facelift or call it a sequel – it’s a sub that comes in to haged sales strong. Some minor improvements are implied to an already well-rounded product.
Nokia 6303i classic official photos
At first glance however, it seems that Nokia has slit features rather than add them. The 3.2MP auto-focus capturing camera with Video Graphics Array (VGA) video @15fps has been downgraded to fixed-focus unit and QVideo Graphics Array (VGA) video capture @8fps.
However, the boost to battery life makes quite a difference. Plus, 3 megapixel is nothing to write home about – with or without autofocus. The retail package was updated too – you acquire a 2GB microSD card instead of 1GB and the phone supports cards up to 16GB (the original 6303 managed just 4GB cards). And then, there’s the updated user interface as well.
So, some trade-offs have been made, but when you add them up the 6303i inches slightly ahead of its predecessor.
- Tri-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- 2.2" 16M-color QVideo Graphics Array (VGA) display with excellent sunlight legibility
- 3 megapixel camera, fixed-focus and Light Emitting Diode (LED) flash
- QVideo Graphics Array (VGA) video recording at 8fps
- Refreshed S40 user interface, 6th edition
- Stereo Frequency Modulation (FM) radio with RDS
- Bluetooth (with A2DP) and microUniversal Serial Bus (USB) port
- microSD card slot (16 Giga Bytes (GB) supported, 2GB included)
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack
- Rich preinstalled application package
- Ovi Maps, Store, Contacts and Share
- Solid metal casing, nice oval shapes
- Web browser is WebKit-based and plays YouTube video
- Respectable BL-5CT battery (Li-Ion 1050 mAh)
- No 3G
- Memory card slot under the back cover
- Below par capturing camera image quality
- No smart dialing
- No multi-tasking of any sort
- No office document viewer
Nokia 6303i classic in our office
Looks is one thing that Nokia didn’t change on the 6303i classic. The metal body with neutral styling (not too extravagant, not too formal) was remarkable the first time around and the phone did and still does see dressed above its pay grade.
Browsing the web, reading email and even posting social networking updates are standard features in today’s handsets. But before all that, the Nokia 6303i classic is a phone – as in press a few buttons and create a call. Remember?
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article