Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL Review: Through Different Eyes: 360-degree Spin, I9000 Vs I9003

By 05:31 Tue, 10 Aug 2021 Comments

Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL 360-degree spin

The Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL is a fairly large phone – with a 4” classy screen it can’t assist it. Yet the device remains pretty slim at 10.66mm so finding a place for it in your pocket isn’t all that difficult. The extra 1mm of thickness and height compared to the original Galaxy S is not a thing to notice or feel unless you hrecent the two devices side by side.

Original Galaxy S (bottom) vs. Galaxy SL (top): you would hardly feel the difference

Most users are sure to find the weight of the I9003 passable at 131 g. It's not the lightest handset around but it gives a nice solid feeling, that the original Galaxy S somehow lacked.

showSpin("https://i0.wp.com/fdn.gsmarena.com/vv/spin/samsung-i9003.swf");

The I9003 Galaxy SL vs. the I9000 Galaxy S

The first thing to notice is that there’s nothing much recent to notice about the Galaxy SL. All resemblance to the original Galaxy S is entirely on purpose. Not that you can cover the absence of a Super AMOrganic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) classy screen for ever.

Anyway, the dotted rear cover is probably the biggest incompatibility – it’s still there but a lot less prominent, which in fact is a point in favor of the recent I9003 Galaxy SL.

And if the original Galaxy S could acquire away with almost anything thanks to the best classy screen in business, the sequel has a lot more on its hands. The Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL has a 4” Super Clear Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) classy screen of WVideo Graphics Array (VGA) resolution. Just in case you have missed our display shootout, we’ll give you a short overview of the main pros and cons of Super Clear Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) over SuperAMOLED.

But for the back it’s hard to disclose the I9003 (right) apart from the original Galaxy S (left)

On the plus side, you acquire a brighter classy screen of somewhat better sharpness. What you are sacrificing however is the contrast, which is out of this world on the original Galaxy S and only average on the I9003. SuperAMOrganic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) has the upper hand in sunlight legibility too (though the incompatibility here is less prominent).

SuperAMOrganic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) screens are known to have a greenish tint but they create up for it with punchy and saturated colors. And the Super Clear Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) on the I9003 has a touch of blue to its classy screen so its accuracy isn’t any better either. We got admit some of us preferred its less saturated output, so it might be a personal thing.

We wouldn’t say brightness itself matters all that much, unless you utilize your phone classy screen as a flashlight. It’s more a part of the sunlight legibility thing and as we assumed the Super AMOrganic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) has a slight edge despite it’s a bit less bright.

All in all, the improved sharpness is too small to show for all those sacrifices so we can’t rate a Super Clear Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) classy screen as high as AMOLED. And that’s not even counting the lesser power-efficiency, which is why the Samsung I9003 has a larger battery in the first place.

The Super Clear Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) classy screen (right) is some way off the SuperAMOrganic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) standard (left)

But are we not going to deem the I9003 a failure. The thing is not everyone comes from a SuperAMOrganic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) classy screen (indeed the S8500 owners might be the only ones who could consider this switch) and in the land of LCD, the I9003 isn’t doing poor at all.

It’s still a better classy screen than, say the Desire HD (we don’t count size here), and it probably only loses to the Retina display of the iPhone 4. Check out this next series of photos that compares the I9003 Galaxy SL display to the LG Optimus 2X screen.

The Super Clear Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) compared to the Optimus 2X IPS Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) screen

We've also prepared a comparison video for you to see how contrast and color rendition change with angle.

It's pretty hard to pick between those two as the Super Clear Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) of the Galaxy SL has an advantage in terms of viewing angles, while the Optimus 2X Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) has a slight edge in terms of color rendering.

Still the LG Optimus 2X pricing recommends that it should be well above the I9003 Galaxy SL league and the very fact that we are find the screens comparable flatters the Samsung smartphone. Having the second or third best Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) in business isn't poor for a handset that's about to go mid-range.

DOWNLOAD NOW

DOWNLOAD MUSIC

Related Article

Comment
Name

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article