Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo Preview: First LookBy cheatmaster 07:39 Tue, 10 Aug 2021 Comments
Sony Ericsson is keen to start 2011 in style with strong additions to the XPERIA lineup to please every taste. The Arc is the one accurate flagship, the Pro is the business messenger and the Play is the gaming smartphone. What’s in there for the Neo then?
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo has the appearance of a Vivaz and an Android heart. Is this what the original Vivaz should have been? A conclusion would be premature at this point but consider the advantages. Android instead of the rough-around-the-edges Symbian, bigger and better display, multi-touch support and greater processing power. We guess we shouldn’t be looking at the past though. The XPERIA Neo is stopping in for a quick preview and we want to create the best of the short time we have with it before it’s released.
Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo
Having met with the Arc already, it feels correct to put things into perspective. There are fine differences between the two smartphones and classy screen size alone won’t be enough to tip the scales. The Neo will have to show some respect but it’s not a simple flagship - patrol boat hierarchy.
The price tags will ultimately create the biggest incompatibility and – the way things see – the Neo will create a lot of sense as the more affordable phone, which offers relevant features like continuous autofocus and video light.
The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo will be marketed as a cameraphone. An 8 megapixel capturing camera and HD video capture are a strong mix and we’re more than eager to see them in action.
Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo at a glance:
- General: Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/2100 MHz, 7.2Mbps HSDPA, 5.76Mbps HSUPA
- Form factor: Touchclassy screen bar phone
- Dimensions: 116 x 57 x 13 mm, 126 g
- Display: 3.7" 16M-color TFT capacitive touchscreen, 854 x 480 pixels, Sony Mobile Bravia engine, multi-touch input, scratch-resistant surface
- CPU: elegant Qualcomm MSM8255 1 Giga Hertz (GHz) Snapdragon platform
- OS: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Memory: 320Mega Bytes (MB) storage, 512Mega Bytes (MB) RAM(380 user available), microSD card slot, 8GB card included in the retail box
- Camera: 8 megapixel auto-focus capturing camera with Light Emitting Diode (LED) flash, face detection and touch focus; 720p video recording at 30fps with continuous autofocus
- Connectivity: Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, standard microUniversal Serial Bus (USB) port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, microHDMI port
- Misc: Sony Ericsson Timescape UI, built-in accelerometer, proximity sensor, digital compass, secondary Video Graphics Array (VGA) video-call camera
The XPERIA Neo is an all-round smartphone and a capable cameraphone. If the actual performance lives up to the expectations, Sony Ericsson might just have a another winner on their hands (after the Vivaz).
Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo live shots
You’re welcome to follow us as we explore the Neo – we’ve got plenty of action coming up after the break.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article