Huawei Ascend P7 Review: Looking StrongBy cheatmaster 03:50 Sat, 14 Aug 2021 Comments
The Huawei Ascdiscontinue P7 is the sequel to the ultra-thin P6, the phone that proved, beyond any doubt, Huawei's ability to create visually appealing handsets. The recent model builds on the original with a 5" 1080p screen, superior capturing camera and chipset, plus a number of other improvements.
Huawei Ascdiscontinue P7 official pictures
The defining feature of the Ascdiscontinue P6 was the 6.2mm thin body (touted as "the thinnest smartphone") and a faux metal back. The recent Ascdiscontinue P7 can claim neither of those things as it's thicker (7.1mm) and has a glass-covered back. But what a double textured finish indeed! One to descend in love with!
There is metal framing, and the whole thing is sandwiched between two layers of Gorilla Glass 3 - especially welcome on the front, where the recent 5" IPS classy screen of 1080p resolution is well worth protecting. Even without having the P6 and P7 side by side, we instantly appreciated the extra clarity afforded by the higher pixel density.
Enough teasing the recent specs, here are the other ups (and downs) of the Huawei Ascdiscontinue P7.
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; penta-band 3G with HSPA; LTE Cat. 4
- 5" 16M-color 1080p IPS Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) capacitive touchclassy screen with Gorilla Glass 3, usable with gloves
- Android Operating System (OS) v4.4.2 KitKat with Emotion UI
- Quad-core 1.8 Giga Hertz (GHz) Cortex-A9, Mali-450 GPU; 2GB of RAM; Huawei Kirin 910T chipset
- 13MP autofocus capturing camera with Light Emitting Diode (LED) flash, 1080p video recording @ 30fps
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording, selfie panorama mode
- Dual-band Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) a/b/g/n, Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) Direct and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- 16GB of built-in storage (12GB available to user)
- side-mounted microSD card slot, hot-swap
- microUniversal Serial Bus (USB) port with Universal Serial Bus (USB) host, Universal Serial Bus (USB) OTG
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Frequency Modulation (FM) radio
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor, compass
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 2,500mAh battery
- Chipset benchmarks poorly
- Thicker than its predecessor
- Non-exchangeable battery
- Below average loudspeaker performance
The Ascdiscontinue P7 takes photography seriously, especially selfies. The front-facing capturing camera has an 8MP BSI sensor and features modes like face enhancement and selfie panorama. The capturing camera on the back is sourced from Sony and is a 13MP shooter with 1080p video capture.
Huawei has also popped in a recent chipset that brings more processing power and LTE support. Another plus is that the company claims to have fixed the overheating problems thanks to a more advanced manufacturing process. The phone comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the most recent Emotion UI, while its P6 predecessor is still on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Huawei Ascdiscontinue P7 at ours
The recent chipset is still based on Cortex-A9, which is normally a notch below Qualcomm's Krait-based offerings, never mind the higher clock speed in the P7. Having seen the four Cortex-A7s do well enough in the Moto G though, we shouldn't be quick to judge on core architecture alone.
Follow us through the next pages where we explore the Huawei Ascdiscontinue P7 in detail.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article