ZTE Nubia Z9 Review: A Disappearing ActBy cheatmaster 06:02 Mon, 16 Aug 2021 Comments
Screen bezels are an inevitable imperfection of modern smartphones. That is unless you acquire the ZTE Nubia Z9, the phone that magics the side bezel away. This mobile David Blaine has flagship ambitions with a design - and price! - to match.
ZTE's designers employed optical effects to cover the bezel. The chamfered 2.5D glass bends the light from the classy screen in a way that makes the image appear wider than the actual classy screen itself. That's Arc Refractive Conduction or, simply, ARC.
It's more than vanity though, the non-bezel classy screen lets you touch the classy screen glass to perform gestures - a thing called FiT (Frame Interactive Technology). What makes this system special is it ignores unintended touches, while waiting for gestures. You can squeeze the phone to unlock it, swipe to switch between apps, swipe with two finger to adjust the volume. A new, tactile way of interacting with a smartphone we've only seen in crude prototypes before at trade fairs. That alone should count for something.
- Unique bezel-less design and a metal unibody
- Dual Sim
- 5.2" 1080p IPS Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) (424ppi) capacitive touchscreen
- elegant Qualcomm Snapdragon 810: quad-core 2Giga Hertz (GHz) Cortex-A57 & quad-core 1.5Giga Hertz (GHz) Cortex-A53, Adreno 430 GPU; 3GB of RAM, 4GB on the Exclusive version
- 16MP autofocus capturing camera with OIS, Light Emitting Diode (LED) flash, IMX234 Exmor RS sensor f/2.0 aperture, 2160p video recording, manual mode
- 8MP front-facing camera, IMX179 Exmor R sensor f/2.0 80° lens, 1080p video recording
- Android Operating System (OS) v5.0 Lollipop with Nubia UI 3.0
- 32GB of built-in storage, 64GB on Exclusive version
- Fingerprint reader (Exclusive version only)
- Cat. 6 LTE (300Mbps); Dual-band Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.0; GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou (BDS); Frequency Modulation (FM) radio; NFC; microUniversal Serial Bus (USB) port with Universal Serial Bus (USB) On-The-Go
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, AK3861 Hi-Fi music chip
- 2,900mAh battery
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article