ZTE Zmax Pro Hands-on: First-lookBy cheatmaster 07:17 Tue, 17 Aug 2021 Comments
ZTE has just announced the ZTE ZMax Pro. A 6-inch phablet with a fingerprint scanner, huge battery, and remarkable specs for the price of only $99 after a $100 instant-rebate.
ZTE had us over for the New York unveiling of this successor to the ZTE ZMax 2.
The ZMax will not be available on AT&T like its successor. Instead, ZTE have have a deal with Metro PCS. The phone will hit Metro PCS stores starting August 1 with pre-registration open now. The first 5000 pre-registered customers who buy the phone will be mailed a free leather flip case.
ZTE ZMax Pro at a glance:
- Body: 6.50" x 3.30" x 0.35" (184mm x 94mm x 9.9mm) | 6.17oz (176g)
- Screen: 6-inch TFT Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) | Gorilla Glass 3 | 1080p (1920 x 1080px)
- Chipset: elegant Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 chipset (1.5Giga Hertz (GHz) octa-core CPU)
- Memory: 2GB Random-Access Memory (RAM) | 32GB Read-Only Memory (ROM) | Expandable storage via microSD up to 128GB
- Cameras: 13MP PDAF rear camera, 1080p@30fps video recording | 5MP selfie capturing camera
- Battery: 3,400mAh integrated battery | Charge - 5V @ 2.1A
- Misc: Frequency Modulation (FM) Radio, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
Press images: front • back • bottom • top
ZTE says the Zmax Pro breaks records for the best spec'd device under $100 and it's a better value than the costlier Samsung Galaxy J7 and the LG Stylo 2 becautilize it either matches or outperforms the others on paper. Of course, you have to bear in mind that this price is for a unit locked to MetroPCS network. There is no contractual obligation for the carrier's services but for this price the phone won't hold SIM cards from another carrier - not even T-Mobile's, even though T-Mobile owns the MetroPCS network and brand.
We've got hands-on photos for you to check out from the event as we hold a fist see at the ZTE ZMax Pro.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article