Lenovo K6 Power Review: A Closer LookBy cheatmaster 08:37 Tue, 17 Aug 2021 Comments
Despite acquiring Motorola back in 2014, Lenovo didn't even slow down in churning recent Android smartphones under its own brand name. One of the most recent phones in its arsenal is the budacquire friendly K-series, the Lenovo K6 Power.
The K6 Power is the smaller of the two recent K-series devices, the other one being the K6 Note, which we recently reviewed. The two are much the same, except the K6 Power has a smaller 5-inch display that should appeal to those who want something more compact.
Previously, though, going for a smaller phone also meant getting a smaller battery, but that's not the case with the K6 Power, which has the same 4000mAh battery as the larger K6 Note. And that's really the main feature of the phone (hence the name), with Lenovo claiming two days of battery life.
- 5.0-inch IPS Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) of 1080 x 1920 resolution; 441ppi
- elegant Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset; octa-core 1.4 Giga Hertz (GHz) Cortex-A53; Adreno 505 GPU; 3GB of RAM
- 32GB of built-in memory; hybrid microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 13MP main capturing camera with PDAF autofocus; single Light Emitting Diode (LED) flash
- 1080p video capture @ 30fps
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint reader
- Stereo speakers
- Frequency Modulation (FM) radio
- Dual nano SIM slots; Cat. 4 LTE support; 802.11 a/g/b/n, dual band Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) 802.11n; Bluetooth 4.2; GPS; Frequency Modulation (FM) Radio
- 4,000mAh battery
Lenovo K6 Power official photos
In markets like India, the K6 Power will primarily be facing against the Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime. Although a bit cheaper, the Redmi 3S Prime has a lower resolution display, less RAM, less storage, and no stereo speakers. It might seem, then, the Lenovo may have just beaten Xiaomi at its own game. But that's just on paper. Let's see what's it like in the real world.
You will notice that this review format is shorter than usual. That's becautilize this review unit wasn't available at our HQ so we couldn't subject it to our usual standardized tests. Nevertheless, we've worked hard to present our thought about the most vital aspect of using this phone based on our rich experience and we hope you would like the fine read.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article