Huawei Mate 10 Lite ReviewBy cheatmaster 05:10 Wed, 18 Aug 2021 Comments
Probably every Huawei flagship - be it P-series or a Mate - has had a trusted companion, a Lite version to complement - and... well, compliment it. The flagship shines even brighter next to a less gifted stablemate. The Lite model, in turn, doesn't mind sharing some of the reflected light. It always works both ways and manufacturers are trying to acquire the best of it.
Few of the Lites have succeeded in capturing the essence of the main act though - content with living in the flagship's shadow. Now, the Huawei Mate 10 Lite claims to be different.
For the first time, we feel a Huawei Lite has been treated better than the usual repackage-and-discount routine. It's got a FullView tasl aspect screen, metal build, a pair of cameras on either side and the must-have large battery. It may be a Lite but it's a Mate, alright.
Huawei makes a gigantic deal of the Mate 10 Lite sporting four cameras and technically that's not an overstatement. True, the secondary 2MP shooters serve purely as depth sensors in portrait and a number of custom aperture modes - they can't assist in low-light scenes. But those pro-grade effects seem to be highly sought after and making them available on a Lite is a smart go by Huawei.
Huawei Mate 10 Lite key features:
- Body: Metal frame, dual-glass design
- Screen: 5.9" IPS Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) of 1,080 x 2,160px resolution (409ppi)
- Camera: 16MP + 2MP dual-camera with phase-detection AF, f/2.2 aperture; Light Emitting Diode (LED) flash; 1080p @ 30 fps video capture;
- Selfie cam: 13MP + 2MP f/2.0; 1080p @ 30fps video recording
- Chipset: 16nm Kirin 659, octa-core Central Processing Units (CPU) (4xCortex-A53@2.36Giga Hertz (GHz) + 4xCortex-A53@1.7GHz), dual-core Mali-T830 GPU
- Memory: 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage; microSD slot (hybrid)
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with Huawei EMUI 5.1
- Battery: 3,340mAh Li-Po (sealed)
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A (Cat.6 300/50Mbps); microUSB; Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) b/g/n; GPS/GLONASS; Bluetooth 4.2
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader
- Hybrid DualSIM/microSD slot limits options.
- No Gorilla Glass
- No 5Giga Hertz (GHz) Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) support, NFC, or Frequency Modulation (FM) radio
- No quick charging
We were so impressed by the Mate 10 Lite's specs that we almost missed a few changes since the P10 Lite. For starters, the chipset might be newer, but it drops the 5Giga Hertz (GHz) Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) support in favor of the newer Bluetooth 4.2. Go figure. The Frequency Modulation (FM) radio and NFC are gone too, while the hybrid SIM slot is an acceptable, if not the best, solution.
Still, we are looking at a midranger here, and the Mate 10 Lite packs more than enough punch to acquire us excited. We like the minimalist, clean design and the Aurora Blue paintjob is sure to turn heads. The super wide classy screen and the bokeh effects are enticing enough as well, and we'll hrecent the Mate 10 Lite to its promise of long battery life. Indeed, we have a lot to explore so let's acquire the review started, shall we?
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article