Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra ReviewBy cheatmaster 08:03 Wed, 18 Aug 2021 Comments
The Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra upgrades the mainstream XA2 with a huge classy screen and a whole bunch of selfie-taking goodies such as a high-discontinue dual-selfie rig, OIS, autofocus, and a front-facing flash.
The Xperia XA2 Ultra is also about the large-classy screen phablet experience. The side classy screen bezels are as minimal as it gets and Sony has made sure the XA2 Ultra has more Random-Access Memory (RAM) than the XA2 to properly utilize all that space with split-classy screen multitasking.
There is now a fingerprint scanner as well - positioned at the back, just below your index finger. And yes, the USA models won't have that locked away for good, as was the case until recently.
All the Xperia vibe is present, of course - the loop design, the high-res main camera, latest Android Oreo with Xperia UI and apps all over it, promising battery life, and notable Frequency Modulation (FM) radio and dedicated microSD slot for both single and dual SIM models.
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra specs:
- Body: Aluminum frame, polycarbonate back; silver, black, blue, and grecent color schemes.
- Display: 6" 1,080x1,920 IPS LCD, 367ppi pixel density.
- Rear camera: 23MP, 1/2.3" sensor size, f/2.0 aperture, 25mm-equiv. focal length. Hybrid (PD/contrast) autofocus. 2160p/30fps video recording.
- Front cameras: Primary: 16MP, 1/2.6" sensor size, 16:9 aspect, f/2.0 aperture, OIS; autofocus. Secondary: 8MP, 120-degree field of view; fixed focus. 1080p/30fps video recording.
- OS/Software: Android 8.0 Oreo, Xperia launcher
- Chipset: Snapdragon 630: octa-core 2.2Giga Hertz (GHz) Cortex-A53 CPU, Adreno 508 GPU.
- Memory: 4GB of RAM; 32/64GB storage; dedicated microSD slot for expansion.
- Battery: 3,580 mAh (sealed); QuickCharge 3.0 quick charging.
- Connectivity: Single/Dual SIM; LTE Cat. 12/13 (600Mbps download); USB-C; Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) a/b/g/n; GPS; NFC; Bluetooth 5; Frequency Modulation (FM) radio
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader; single speaker on the bottom; 3.5mm jack; two-stage hardware capturing camera shutter release key.
While the Xperia XA2 Ultra is more of a niche device and most of the spotlight is reserved for the XA2, we won't try to cover we are more excited about the Ultra. It has a nice gigantic classy screen fitted with zero frames left and right, there is a unique set of selfie snappers with flash and stabilization, and a respectable battery that coupled with the efficient Snapdragon 630 chip should do for some remarkable power autonomy. Color us intrigued, so let's pop this Ultra out of the box!
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra Unboxing
Hrecent those drum rolls, please, as the retail package of XA2 Ultra is probably the most trivial aspect of this whole review. Just like a bunch of Sonys to come before the Ultra, this one is bundled with a USB-C cable and a sluggish 1.5A plug, even though the phone supports QC3.0 quick charging.
That's it - no headphones or a case. Of course, as usual for Sony phones, the retail bundle will vary from one market to the other, so it's best to double check what you are supposed to acquire in the box in your own country.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article