Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo (Photo)

By 10:25 Sat, 28 May 2016 Comments

A middle-aged man, simply identified as Benjamin, has been electrocuted in Benin, the Edo State capital.

It was learnt that the deceased was a security guard in the building located on Federal road, in Egor Local Government Area of the state.

He was said to have assisted some bricklayers working within the building when the incident occurred.

An eyewitness explained that the deceased had attempted to disconnect a borehole from electricity supply when he was electrocuted on Wednesday.

The incident attracted sympathisers, who gathered to catch a glimpse of the corpse, even as some of them cried as a result of the circumstance leading to Benjamin’s death.

According to a source, the victim was rushed to the Central Hospital in Benin, where he was reportedly confirmed dead.

A resident in the area said that Benjamin died before he could get any medical attention.

“People were shouting; we thought a snake or a rabbit was being killed. When we came in, we saw that someone had been electrocuted.

“We took him to the hospital, but before we got there, he gave up. He was working with the bricklayers.”

Efforts to reach the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Osifo Abiodun, were not successful as calls put across to his mobile phone rang out.

But the brother of the deceased, Randy Mandi, who expressed shock over the development, said that he was told that other workers in the building fled when the incident occurred.

He, however, noted that the matter was reported to the police, saying, “I was informed that my brother was dead. When I came around, I saw him (deceased) on the ground.

“When I asked about the bricklayers who were working in the building, I was told that they ran away. Now, we are looking for them. We have called the police.”



Related Article



Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article